________________________________
From: Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:19 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Images in source code.

Can someone please log a JIRA case on RAT? As soon as this feature is in a
released version of RAT I’ll change our release process to require headers in
all images.

Julian

MG>i have a rat patch but its untested so no claim to victory until i know it
passes at least one testcase with embedded metadata for at least one MG>Image
format
MG>mea culpa on no entry in RAT Jira ..i will do that right now
MG>Many Thanks to Julian,Felix and James

> On Jun 15, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com.INVALID>
> wrote:
>
> Here: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ ?
ExifTool by Phil Harvey - Queen's
University<http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>
www.sno.phy.queensu.ca
The OS X package installs the ExifTool command-line application and libraries
in /usr/local/bin. After installing, type "exiftool" in a Terminal window to
run ...

> and http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/XMP.html
XMP Tags - Queen's
University<http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/XMP.html>
www.sno.phy.queensu.ca
XMP Tags. XMP stands for "Extensible Metadata Platform", an XML/RDF-based
metadata format which is being pushed by Adobe. Information in this format can
be embedded ...

> (Thanks Google ;-) )
>
> Regards
> Felix
>
> Am 15.06.2017 um 16:46 schrieb Martin Gainty
> <mgai...@hotmail.com<mailto:mgai...@hotmail.com>>:
>
> James and Team
>

> quick update I have factored rat-plugin to read XMP (an XML metadata-tagged
> file with embedded Image)
>
> i have tried adding metadata tags using the crippled freebie photoshop and
> could not find any way to add metadata tags to PNG, JPG or PSD as the
> File/FileInfo menu in freebie photoshop is hopelessly greyed out/disabled
>
> Im reading some blogs that exiftool<sp?> can add metadata tags to any
> existing image
>
> Any clues as to where to locate any tool that can add metadata tag to an
> Image would be appreciated
>

> Thanks,
>
> Martin
>

> ________________________________

Apache Rat™ Plugin for Apache Maven –
apache-rat:rat<http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/rat-mojo.html>
creadur.apache.org
apache-rat:rat. Note:This goal should be used as a Maven report. Full name:
org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.13-SNAPSHOT:rat. Description:

> Apache Rat™ Plugin for Apache Maven –
> apache-rat:rat<http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/rat-mojo.html>
Apache Rat™ Plugin for Apache Maven –
apache-rat:rat<http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/rat-mojo.html>
creadur.apache.org
apache-rat:rat. Note:This goal should be used as a Maven report. Full name:
org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.13-SNAPSHOT:rat. Description:

> creadur.apache.org<http://creadur.apache.org>
[http://www.apache.org/images/asf_logo.gif]<http://creadur.apache.org/>

Apache Creadur - Apache Software Foundation<http://creadur.apache.org/>
creadur.apache.org
Welcome to Apache Creadur About Apache Creadur. This project started as just
Rat, a release auditing tool good with licenses, coded in Java with plugins for
Ant and Maven