+1 (binding)

It looks like you're missing a Copyright propagation for work by Trevor Robinson in your NOTICE file. The license headers are for ASL (you are correct to have omitted this from LICENSE), but I believe you still need to propagate the copyright notice to your NOTICE in the src release for the "com/scurrilous/circe" work you include in src-form.

Your RAT exclusions are pretty broad (some, matching things you aren't even bundling). It would be in your best interest to pare down this list, ideally setting the exclusion in each Maven module, rather than in the parent module.

* xsums/sigs OK
* Can build from src
* L&N otherwise look ok on src