I would go through the list of committers once (i.e. now, nearing
graduation) and ask folks if they would like to remain committers
post-graduation. If anybody responds in the negative or doesn't respond at
all, then remove them from the list and move on. I think this is your one
chance to shorten the list.

Going forward, I would either remove that section entirely, or reword it to
facilitate rejoining more easily. You can do this by adding language for an
"emeritus committer" status or something similar, or by adding instructions
for returning folks on what they need to do, and it should be relatively
frictionless, or some other way I haven't thought of. Please don't make
this a process that involves filing INFRA jiras. :)

Mike