> On 19 November 2017 at 16:52, Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 18. 11. 2017 v 21:46, sebb <seb...@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> BTW, I've just noticed that the vote mail does not include a link to
> >> the source tag.
> >
> > True, I've added the tag yesterday when the vote was approved:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-html4j/tree/release-1.5.1
> >

> IMO the tag should be created first, and the RC created from it.

I can try it for next release.

However when working on the first Apache version (e.g. 1.5) of HTML/Java
API such approach wouldn't be very practical. The tag would have to be
moved few times, and it is better to avoid moving of tags in a repository.
As such I needed the review to be finished before creating the tag. Now,
when most of the structural issues have been discussed and resolved, we can
optimistically tag before creating the source ZIP file.

> >> So I don't know how anyone can have checked the contents of the source
> >> archive against the code repo.
> >
> > One would have to check against the revision used by the Jenkins builder
> job run that I referenced in my email: https://builds.apache.org/
> view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-html4j-release/20/
>
> Apart from having to rummage through the log to find the revision,
> AIUI Jenkins log files are not kept forever, so this information is
> not preserved for posterity.
>
> IMO for traceability it's vital that the vote email contains all the
> info that would be needed to re-run the checks at a later date if
> necessary.

I keep that in mind. Thanks for your comments.
-jt