On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 1:39 AM, Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> -1 (binding) as there is compiled source in the release
>
> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - signatures and hashes correct
> - disclaimer exists
> - LICENSE is good
> - NOTICE needs year updating
> - Unexpected jars in source release.
> - can compile from source
>
> The 3 jars are:
>   toree-0.2.0-incubating-src/scala-interpreter/src/test/
> resources/ScalaTestJar.jar
>   toree-0.2.0-incubating-src/scala-interpreter/src/test/
> resources/TestJar.jar
>   toree-0.2.0-incubating-src/scala-interpreter/src/test/
> resources/TestJar2.jar
>
> Could these be compiled as part of the build process? It currently doesn’t
> look like the source code for those files are included at all but I assume
> you know where they come from?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Thanks for checking Justin, Toree internally needs to interpret Scala code
and be able to add external jars as dependencies and these three jars are
mainly used for testing purposes and they are also cleared labeled as a
test and placed as test resources. Having said that, this seems to have
been fixed in the previous release branch [1] without being merged to
master (unfortunately) and also based on the discussions from the previous
release [2] I was wondering if would be ok to have this released approved
with this issue (incubator releases are a step towards perfection) and I
would get these all resolved for the next release.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/commit/f0bb5d238dc10376db3935c15e007ea46076e548
[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg58321.html
--