High Nick, all,

Who am I to tell how a community - incubating or not - constructs their web
presence in general and their download links/page in particular.

Some may even say that having a link to the Apache archive(s) is undesired,
unwanted or even Verboten. As it (https://archive.apache.org/dist/
<podlingName>) is similar - in perception at least -  to having a link
pointing to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/<projectName>/

But my tip: keep it simple to prevent information overload, and have the
latest release download link just point to
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/<projectName>.

For doing releases, you may consider taking hints and tips from [1] (which
was established - and refined - during the incubation of Apache Trafodion.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

V.P. Apache Trafodion