On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 1:09 AM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Justin's two metrics are interesting to me as I (kinda) don't view either
> > of those as mentor responsibilities.
>
> Interesting how do you projects you mentor get to work out release profile
> and what need to done re license and notice? Or are they simple boiler
> plate license and notice releases and/or already involve ASF people who
> have those skills and know what to look for?

I subsequently proviso'd it with: "once a general cadence has been set".

> > For me a mentor is: <snip>
>
> For sure it not just helping out with releases, but some of those things
> you mentioned are hard to measure in any real way.
>
> > I'd also have an urge for us to define more specific milestones within
> > incubation, with more expectation on mentor activity for podlings at
> > earlier milestones.
>
> What would those milestones be? One of them I assume would be a podling
> first release and vote on the IPMC?

Yeah. Half-arsed guess (and these start to feel more like badges in that
they can be in parallel, but I think there is a typical/ideal order):

* Minimum Infrastructure Setup complete
* All ICLAs signed/IPMC setup
* Licensing Sorted
* First (no major issue) Release Complete
* X% new contributors converted to IPMC
* Graduation delta identified (a thread in which general@ agrees on the
remaining items before graduation)

Tempted to throw in these, though feeling more badge-like:

* Website complete (brand, security note, link to Foundation etc)
* Apache Blogged
* Conference presentation
* Board report complete, no comments/concerns

Hen