Hi,

-1 binding as NOTICE is incorrect. The NOTICE file need to be keep as small as
possible [1]

I checked:
- incubating in file name
- signatures good although it would be best to sign with an apache.org email
address
- LICENSE is fine
- NOTICE file contains wrong year (2016) and incorrectly lists files that have
3rd party ALv2 headers. Where did these files come from? It looks like here [4]
which has a NOTICE file [4]
- a couple of files are missing ASF headers [2][3]
- no unexpected binary files
- Can't compile from source. Looks like I have a newer version of protobuf. May
be an issue for other people as well?

Not 100% certain but I think that the NOTICE file [5] needs to be taken into
account, however it may be that the version of the files you have were taken
when no NOTICE files existed? (It was committed in 2014? and the copyright is
2010 on those files.)

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
2.
apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src/tso-server/src/main/resources/default-omid-server-configuration.yml
3.
apache-omid-incubating-0.9.0.0-src/benchmarks/src/main/resources/default-tso-server-benchmark-config.yml
4.https://github.com/linkedin/MTBT/
5. https://github.com/linkedin/MTBT/blob/master/NOTICE