On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:34 PM Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Apr 16, 2018, at 7:16 PM, Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org> wrote:

> >> updated
> actually
> >> donating
> >>
> >> There's no requirement like that. You can transfer files into a branch
> and
> >> do the clean up on ASF infrastructure. You will NOT be able to do
> releases
> >> off of that branch, of course.
> >>

> > It's pretty clearly documented:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
> > If it's not a requirement, why is it there? Can I just delete it from the
> > template?
>
> No, I’m not reading the page the same way that you are. To be clear the
> two lines about SGA/CCLA and Copyright changes are separate, not
> simultaneous.
>
> Here are the real steps.
>
> (1) Submit SGA/CCLA to secretary@
> (2) Do IP Clearance with Incubator.
> (3) Arrange with Infra and/or project moving / checking in the code.
> (4) Update Copyrights - if needed. Always best if it’s someone from the
> contributor.

That list appears to be self referential:

Steps for IP Clearancce:
1. do ...
2. do "Steps for IP Clearance"
3. do ...

That is very confusing.

> If you want to suggest updating the language or the recording tables then
> please provide it for discussion.

I like to try to understand a process before suggesting changes to it. I
can try to start making some suggestions now to change
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html  and
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ ; what is the best delivery
method for suggesting changes? Can I attach a patch to this list or does
the Incubator website have an issue tracker I should use? (Related thought:
this would be easier if incubator website was git-based on gitbox; I could
just do a pull request 😺)