Hi,

>> ...The maven artifact is the most significant for most of the Dubbo
>> users, so we want to include a maven artifact in the release....
>
> Binaries are NOT part of Apache Releases, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Apache Dubbo is aware of that and it has been made clear on the dev list
several times. The context above is that it’s users are not aware of that
(currently) and not all want to compile from source. Other projects (ie Apache
Flex or Apache Open Office) face the same issue, although probably to a greater
extent.

> Dubbo mentors, I think we need a clear description of how these
> "hybrid" releases are done, to avoid any misunderstandings.

The release process will be documented as part of the release to document and
help future release managers.

Here’s two threads on the release [1][2] that might help. (Note most of the
emails there predates this discussion).

Thanks,
Justin

1.