On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 13:44:42 -0700, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:
> It is certainly intriguing. I’ve done work in the past on PICT, PS, and PDF
> generation.
> I can see great utility here with all of the DAG based workflows that are all
> the rage right now.
> Sign me up to Mentor if the project comes to the Incubator.

I would also be willing to be a Mentor for graphviz.

We've used Graphviz in Taverna since 2005 or so (and still do), and it's
a great product in many ways that I am very grateful for.

I see from their GitLab what seems like quite stable maintenance
activity across many contributors.

https://gitlab.com/graphviz/graphviz/

(Note: the code license is actually EPL1, not CDL)

The biggest challenge will indeed be the license/IP clearance - do they
have contact with AT&T that can help get a software grant? Then probably
they would need approval from all contributors since to do relicensing
to Apache License 2.0. This could be quite a task.

Some of the optional dependencies under
https://graphviz.gitlab.io/_pages/Download/Download_source.html are as
far as I understand LGPL or GPL - but this seems odd given that EPL
(except EPL2 with secondary license) is incompatible with GPL. Only a
problem for those distributing such binaries though.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718