Hi folks!

* I've checked all the licenses in DEPENDENCIES -> fine
* LICENSE in place
* NOTICE in place and content fine
small note:
This product includes/uses software(s) developed by 'an unknown organization'
  - Unnamed - avalon-framework:avalon-framework:jar:4.1.3
  - Unnamed - log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.12

avalon is from ourselves (http://avalon.apache.org)
log4j obviously as well

* jars in the bin look fine
* source licenses look fine. Although just took random samples and relied on
the liked rat results.
* signature is fine
* sha1 is fine

+1 (binding, IPMC)

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 25.07.2018 um 23:39 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga
> <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com.INVALID>:
>
> Here's an article that is really well done and describes the context of
> this vote thread, maybe helpful as background info here:
>
> *https://adtmag.com/blogs/watersworks/2018/07/netbeans-9-almost-final.aspx
> <https://adtmag.com/blogs/watersworks/2018/07/netbeans-9-almost-final.aspx>*
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gj
>

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:27 AM, Geertjan Wielenga <
> geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Not directly relevant since this is relevant to the functioning of the
>> convenience binary, but it might be interesting from an informative point
>> of view for all to know that the Apache NetBeans (incubating) community has
>> done a Community Acceptance survey [1] for users of the upcoming Apache
>> NetBeans (incubating) 9.0. I.e., the survey is about the usage and
>> functionality of the convenience binary of the voting candidate under
>> consideration in this thread and the results are documented below.
>>
>> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/
>> Results+from+Apache+NetBeans+IDE+9.0+Community+Acceptance+survey
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gj
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 7:27 AM, Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@protonmail.ch.
>> invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The Apache NetBeans community has voted on and approved a proposal to
>>> release Apache NetBeans 9.0 (incubating) [vc3].
>>>
>>> We now kindly request that the Incubator PMC members review and vote on
>>> this incubator release candidate.
>>>
>>> Vote thread:
>>>
>>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a644bb8e3ba2cbd06328bb0
>>> 04f1b18b4171763cd3d78a9131615f687@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
>>>
>>> Vote result thread:
>>>
>>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/31f8a8fd70dc2ba635c6a67
>>> 693c512ed9e5b30af99fbe79afe55293b@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
>>>
>>> In the above, note there are two IPMC binding votes from Ate Douma and
>>> Bertrand Delacretaz, both Apache NetBeans (incubating) mentors, 11 PPMC
>>> votes and 16 Apache NetBeans community votes.
>>>
>>> Apache NetBeans 9.0 (incubating) constitutes all the modules in the
>>> Apache NetBeans Git repo, which together provide the NetBeans Platform
>>> (i.e., the underlying application framework), as well as all the modules
>>> that provide the Java SE-related features of Apache NetBeans.
>>>
>>> In short, Apache NetBeans 9.0 (incubating) is a full IDE for Java SE
>>> development.
>>>
>>> Build artifacts available here:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/in
>>> cubating-netbeans-java/incubating-9.0-vc3
>>>
>>> The specific artifact to be voted on:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/in
>>> cubating-netbeans-java/incubating-9.0-vc3/incubating-netbean
>>> s-java-9.0-source.zip
>>>
>>> Included in the above are the DEPENDENCIES, DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, and
>>> NOTICE files, as well as a README file with build instructions, which are
>>> the same as these:
>>>
>>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-netbeans.
>>> git;a=blob_plain;f=README.md;h=eccd3c6cc707ba9ca219bcfb7297
>>> 9435d85f5f7a;hb=97904961e496383d6150aef9b78fa8dff8f3e1ce
>>>
>>> SHA1: ed2098c173460ec81f05635055066da06a7ea82b
>>>
>>> KEYS file:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/netbeans/KEYS
>>>
>>> Apache NetBeans Git Repo tag: 9.0-vc3 :
>>>
>>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-netbeans.
>>> git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/9.0-vc3
>>>
>>> Note: NetBeans license violation checks are managed via the
>>> rat-exclusions.txt file:
>>>
>>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-netbeans.
>>> git;a=blob;f=nbbuild/rat-exclusions.txt;h=36cb8a3eae40b
>>> d7fc41c63c6055bce42f7916859;hb=97904961e496383d6150aef9b78fa8dff8f3e1ce
>>>
>>> Rat report shows no unknown licenses, except for license files:
>>>
>>> https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-release/334
>>> /artifact/rat-java-temp/nbbuild/build/rat-report.txt
>>>
>>> Included as a convenience binary, not relevant for the voting purposes
>>> (unzip it, run it and you'll see Apache NetBeans):
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/in
>>> cubating-netbeans-java/incubating-9.0-vc3/incubating-netbean
>>> s-java-9.0-bin.zip
>>>
>>> Also included as a convenience binary the NBMs:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/in
>>> cubating-netbeans-java/incubating-9.0-vc3/nbms
>>>
>>> New & Noteworthy features of the 9.0 Release:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+
>>> NetBeans+9.0+New+and+Noteworthy
>>>
>>> Release specific wiki page:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+
>>> NetBeans+9.0+Final+Release
>>>
>>> How (and what) to try out the release:
>>>
>>> 1. Download the artifact to be voted on and unzip it.
>>> 2. Verify the cryptographic signatures, the NOTICE and LICENSE file
>>> 3. Build it using the README provided by the artifact.