> The 2.6.3 tag does not agree with the source release. This is a
> significant issue and enough for me to vote against the release. A diff
> shows most (all?) of the pom.xml have a version of "2.6.4-SNAPSHOT" in
> the tag but "2.6.3" in the source release.
>
> I dug into this a little. At first I thought the tag / commit in the
> vote was wrong. It is. But is isn't just that. If I go back to
>
> a8be0eaaddab198ed03b0150d4db03e2b22f023f
>
> things are better but:
> a) there are still differences
> b) the tag includes multiple commits after this point

Thanks for your feedback, Mark, I have double checked the version mismatch
problem and it does exist.

Despite that all files except for the pom version are the same, I agree it’s
still an issue that needs revoting. It will confuse developers when trying to
rebuild from the tag. The root problem is more about a package or upload
problem than a technical problem. We used maven-release-plugin to prepare for
the release, which has changed the pom version to ‘2.6.4-SNAPSHOT’ since RC1, I
remember to change to 2.6.3 before tagging in RC2 but forget to do that in this
round.

I think we should build a release script to automate the whole release process
to avoid this kind of problems.

Best regards,
Jun