I just checked the commit, it relates to system property setting, the
fix is quite simple.
I also checked the CI build, it looks like the CI is green[1]

But my question is this fix was merged into 2.6.x branch for three
weeks ago,  why didn't we do the cherry pick it into 2.6.3 release
branch last week?
In Apache projects we maintain 2~3 different branches at the same
time, cherry pick the fix acrocess different branches is a common
practice.
As someone already observered the test failure in earlier RC, we need
to put some efforts on it (issue tracking) to make sure we fix it in
the next RC.

I know Dubbo team takes almost 1 month to cut this round release,  but
it's like a pain of growing. ServiceComb took more than a month to cut
the first around release. We can do the release better if we learn
something from it.  Please revisit your release guide and checklist
again, and encourage community to vote -1 once he find something
wrong.

[1]https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-dubbo/builds/420912788

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang