Hi Felix

 On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:43:45 -0800
 Felix Cheung <felixche...@apache.org> wrote:
+1 (binding)

a few comments below, checked:
filename
signature & hash
DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE
build from src
no binary
src files have headers (see below)

comments, not blocker for release IMO:
1.
CREDITS file is a bit non-standard in an ASF release - this is generally
not included as it is already captured in git history and SGA

The CREDITS was introduced for the past IBM copyright notice:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/CRAIL/issues/CRAIL-33

2.
https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/CRAIL/issues/CRAIL-74 is marked as
Fixed but I don't see a change in the -bin tarball?

At least on my machine the binary tarball now has a toplevel directory. Can someone else confirm?

3.
licenses/ directory do not need to include those from ASF and on Apache v2
license, eg.
apache-crail-1.1-incubating/licenses $ grep -e "Apache" *
LICENSE.commons-logging.txt: Apache License
LICENSE.commons-math3-3.1.1: Apache License

Makes sense, we will remove them on the next release.

4.
Doc mentions Libdisni is a requirement - it might help to list the
supported/tested releases of Libdisni

I agree, the requirements for building/running Crail need to be fixed.
What you need very much depends on which datatiers you want to run:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/CRAIL/issues/CRAIL-68

5.
ASF header - docker/* and doc/* and conf/* can also have ASF header as
comment block - consider adding that

docker/* and doc/* do have have ASF headers, the only thing excluded are conf/*, credits and licenses. Not sure what the point is of putting ASF headers in configuration file templates. I have checked multiple other projects and none had any.

Thanks,
Jonas

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 6:50 AM Adrian Schuepbach <d...@zurich.ibm.com>