Hi Brian,

thanks for your email.
Regarding your hint, we know about the "real" CRUNCH project and are willing to
change the projects name if we would enter the incubator (sadly we are
massively lacking creativity...).

Regarding Zipkin, I could imagine that some of the things we are doing fits
well with use cases but I have to admit that I never went too deep into Zipkin
because it looks to crazy what you are doing there.
And in fact, this is what we are mostly looking for,

Regarding IoTDB... I was very excited when I heard of the project (and also
looked through the Codebase in the "old" github repo) and I really like it. We
use parquet in some situations but IotDB is definetly better suited for the
specific workloads we have in mind. Thus, I am really looking forward to the
project really starting, from a PLC4X, Edgent and CRUNCH dev perspective.

Julian

PS.: Do you have some sample questions or analytics that you have in mind for
Zipkin, to get a feeling?