@Mohammad

I really appreciate for the vote :) I have some questions in regarding to
your suggestions.

1. We thought of removing binary LICENSE/NOTICE from the source release.
However, there's one side effect that people cannot build a completely
valid binary tarball out of the released source code (because it's missing
binary LICENSE/NOTICE files). Spark and Flink project seemed to have the
similar issue and they went with different approach. Spark removed binary
LICENSE/NOTICE while Flink project includes the binary LICENSE/NOTICE files
for the source code release. We preferred the latter approach (if it's not
violating Apache terms) because it allows users to build the valid binary
release tarball out of the released source code. (reference - spark issue:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/22840)

How do you think on this? I discussed with one of our mentors and he was
fine with including binary LICENSE/NOTICE file to a source code release.

2. Can you provide me some example projects that are including
version/commitid/tag for each listed dependencies as a reference? Also, are
you referring to a binary LICENSE file or a source code LICENSE file? If
for binary, I can get the versions for each dependency easily but tracking
commitId + tag for each dependency(100+) will not be a simple task and I'm
not sure if those information is required. Can you comment on this a bit
more in detail? We can definitely address the issue for the next release.

3. I guess that the archives that you mention are probably sample data that
are used for unit/integration tests. If we removed those archives, tests
will probably fail. If possible, can you list some of archives that you
have the concern with? We will evaluate if those archives are necessary to
be include in the source release.

Thank you!

Best,
Seunghyun