On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 11:07 AM Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch> wrote:

> a) Asking PMC members if they want to step down from the PMC if they
> seem to be inactive for a long time
>
> b) Forcibly removing PMC members that the PMC considers inactive
>
> IMO a) is fine if a PMC wants to have a roster that reflects reality,
> but b) is bad in terms of community
>
> And yes in any case removals have to be ratified by the Board as per
> http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#pmc-removal

Minor correction (and perhaps this is what you meant):  In the case of
voluntary resignation, the board does not have to ratify.

Quote from the document you linked:
"Once the PMC member's resignation is received on a mailing list of the
Foundation, the resignation is considered effective (however, the PMC
member has 72 hours to withdraw their resignation). Notifying the board is
not required, but encouraged to ease tracking."

We're not quite the Hotel California. : o)

Greets,
Myrle