HI,

> I assume we are taking about files like:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/java/java.hints/test/unit/data/org/netbeans/test/java/hints/AddCast1.java

Those are some of the files yes but there are a few not in test directories.
Does the project use rat to look for issues? By my very rough count there are
5,000 +  source files without ASF headers, (13,000+ if you include the .pass
files), but only two dozen files of those source file are out side of test
directories.

BTW  If this was the only issue I’d would have voted differently, although the
question needs to be asked why this issue has been raised previously on this
list and no response given?

Thanks,
Justin