Hi,

It a little unclear to me if your are commenting on the release check list or
the Superset release here.

> 1. Missing licensing  information

Well IMO it depends on the serenity IMO missing  one or two MIT or BSD licenses
in a podling release is generally a fix next release type of issue as they are
permissive licenses and often the license is included (as a header) just not
clearly indicated that’s it’s included, so it’s more an ASF policy issue than
an actual licensing issue.

> 2. Source release may contained compiled code

I’m still not sure it can.  In the past I’ve alway voted -1 on this issue, but
it's recently been suggested, that we go easier on podlings releases
particularly their first one. It is still however unknown if the board (who are
responsible for release policy) or infra (who are responsible for distribution
policy) would actually allow this. So far that exact situation has not come and
I not been able to get a clear answer from others on this. The incubator (and
its PMC) don’t set those policies. [1][2]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html
2. https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution