We have a concrete release guide [1]  to guide team to perform an apache
release. @adrianfcole tweet this:

I am always referencing #dubbo's Apache release guide. It probably needs to
> move to be..Apache's release guide.

But I like your idea of a release manager team. We will have much more
Dubbo relevant projects after we finish transferring them from dubbo group
to ASF. Those who have release experience should take closer eyes in this
area, but in my own opinion, we will encourage more committers to take
release engineer role, only if they strictly follow Dubbo's release guide.

Regards,
-Ian.

1.
http://dubbo.apache.org/en-us/docs/developers/committer-guide/release-guide_dev.html