Hi,

> In principle I would agree, but at the Incubator level I think there's
> way to many unclear or badly documented rules.

Nope, sorry that’s at the ASF level. The IPMC has some documentation that need
clearing up and reducing but that’s not the core issue.

> Could we adopt the Maturity Model [1] as the only thing to which
> podlings must conform to to graduate? Do we need more than that?

While I like the Maturity Model and think it’s very useful, several IPMC
members are not in favour of making it standard.

> Focusing on such a clearly defined set of rules and removing anything
> from http://incubator.apache.org/ that's not essential

Other than incubating in name, DISCLAIMER  and IPMC voting there’s nothing
under http://incubator.apache.org that specifies anything extra that ’s
required on top of other ASF policies. Again it’s those policies that podlings
need to be in line with by the time they graduate.

thanks,
Justin