On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 12:10 AM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Although not a "real" PMC, we do need to provide legal protection for
> each PPMC and distributing releases is the time that most legal
> considerations "kick in" as it were. So we need a

Or we *don't* provide legal protections. That *is* what the disclaimer is
there for.

> Which while I don’t disagree with, again I ask how can a PMC (i.e the
> incubator) make releases that are not in line with policy? Current advice
> seems that the board would not grant a blanket exception like to the IPMC

I don't recall that advice. In fact, Roman seemed to indicate Legal would
be just fine with that.

IMO, stop being pessimistic. Move forward with change to stop the gating,
and let podlings do their releases without all the IPMC burden.

> > Let's also recall that the origin genesis of the Incubator was NOT to
> provide legal oversight
>
> That may be the original thought, but historical threads bring up legal
> oversight very very early on. (I posted one from 2004 the other day).
> Hopefully someone can explain this history?

Who cares? Red herring. We are where we are. Move forward from here.

-g