Hi,

So in recent discussions, as I see it, it's been determined that:
A) The Incubator is a TLP
B) The Incubator is considered a unique or special TLP.
C) It's never been confirmed by the board (or written down) that the Incubator
can be selective with compliance of TLP release and distribution policy.
D) The legal committee has come up with a list of what they recommend incubator
releases to follow, but that applied only if the incubator is considered not a
normal TLP. It's more permissive than what we currently follow but doesn't
allow everything.

For more detail see recent incubator board reports on this [2][3] and
conversation here and on legal dicuss.

A few months back, I suggested a proposal to the board to try and fix C) but it
didn't gain consensus. With the new disclaimer text, further discussions on
this list and feedback on the last board report I think it may be closer to be
being accepted. As mentioned in the band feedback the board would like to see a
new proposal.

Here's a slightly updated version of that original proposal. [1] Does anyone
want to suggest an alternative proposal or how we might change this one to be
more acceptable to everyone here and the board?

Thanks,
Justin

1.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Proposal