Betreff: Re: [PROPOSAL] MetaObjects for Apache Incubator
Von: Justin Mclean
An: general@incubator.apache.org

Hi,

> Currently most development is happening within Cengage.  The core library
> hasn't changed much, aside from some bug fixes.  Most of the recent
> innovation has occurred in other libraries built upon the draagon-metaobjects
> foundations.  That code is part of what is proposed to be donated to the
> apache-metaobjects project.

Thanks for that, I still a little unclear what code base is being donated. I’m
just asking as that may make the IP transfers process easier or harder, you
might have to get ICLA from people who have worked on it in the past for
instance.

> Regarding the mentor list, I saw the Apache committer list included Heath,
> but misunderstood that being a committer did not imply ASF membership, which
> was my mistake.  However, Johan Edstrom and James Carman are members of the
> IPMC, and Jamie mentioned to me that he has requested IPMC membership as
> well.  In addition, James has mentored a few projects in the past.  We would
> welcome another mentor if anyone is interested in helping build a community
> around the project.

I think it would be best for a project if you had an mentor with some more
experience. It can be difficult if you mentors go missing or if they may not be
familiar with recent changes in infrastructure or the incubator.

Thanks,
Justin