From: John McCane-Whitney <john...@apache.org>
Sent: 09 September 2019 19:02
To: annou...@apache.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto C & JS Libraries 1.0.0
release

Hi,

On behalf of the Apache Milagro (incubating) community, I'd like to announce
our first ASF releases:

Apache Milagro Crypto C 1.0.0-incubating

milagro-crypto-c is a modern cryptographic C library that focuses on Elliptic
Curve Cryptography but has support for legacy systems that require RSA. There
is support for three different security levels; 128, 192 and 256 bit. It has
been written only in C and has no external dependencies other than an entropy
source. Measures have been taken in the code base to prevent side channel
attacks. Pairing based cryptography (PBC) is a maturing field that has
recently gained widespread acceptance. The library supports schemes that make
use of PBC such as BLS for short signatures and MPIN for multi-factor
authentication (MFA).

Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-c/releases/tag/1.0.0
Documentation: http://milagro.apache.org/cdocs/index.html

Apache Milagro Crypto JS 1.0.0-incubating

milagro-crypto-js is the JavaScript equivalent of milagro-crypto-c. It has all
the same functionality, API and even the intermediate calculated values in the
functions are the same.  This library allows you to run software only MFA
(multi-factor authentication) using M-PIN in the browser which, to the best of
our knowledge, is the only such implementation of software only MFA
(multi-factor authentication) in this context.

Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-js/releases/tag/1.0.0
Documentation: http://milagro.apache.org/docs/amcl-javascript-api/

Source distributions for both can be found here:
http://milagro.apache.org/docs/downloads/

Please refer to each repo's README for build and test instructions.

Vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8631d1d67fc2c846f68ef7cdb2e2914e870cdfaaa943e78c0349f458@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Many thanks to all our contributors and mentors and to the IPMC for their
input and guidance.

John McCane-Whitney
Director of Product
Qredo Ltd.

Apache Milagro (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache
Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is
required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that
the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have
stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While
incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or
stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully
endorsed by the ASF.