There appears to be consensus on this thread, as well as in the Phoenix
community[1] that it makes sense for Phoenix to adopt both Omid and
Tephra.  My mails to the Tephra and Omid communities[2][3] have gone
unanswered, so I assume silence implies consent.

According to [4] the first step of graduating into a sub-project of an
existing TLP is a vote by the podling.  Given that both podlings have very
low activity I am not sure we will get the necessary votes to make this
happen.  I can start the vote threads in each podling, but I believe we
should be ready to move forward without these votes passing due to lack of
participation.

The next step is for the Phoenix PMC to formally vote to accept the
podlings.  One question that I'd like to see resolved as part of this vote
is what status Phoenix plans to grant to Tephra and Omid committers and
PPMC members.  Normally I would expect that all podling committers become
TLP committers, but given the low participation it may make sense for
Phoenix to use an opt-in where podling committers need to affirm their
desire to continue on the project before being made committers.

Alan.

1.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ec00615cbbb4225885e3776f1e8fd071600a9c50f35769f453b8a779@%3Cdev.phoenix.apache.org%3E
2.