Hello Community,

I hope you are all great. I would appreciate you all to take a look at the
following project summary and background/draft proposal that we are trying to
propose to the Apache Community.

Currently, we are looking for mentors and champion and we would appreciate it
if someone who is interested to join us in this journey.

Project Abstract/Proposal/Background:

Abstract:
AgensGraph will be a multi-model database that enables graph and relational
models built on PostgreSQL.

Proposal:
We propose the AgensGraph Extension to the Apache foundation. AgensGraph
Extension is to provide an extension for PostgreSQL to give the users the
ability to leverage graph database on top of the existing relational database
with minimal effort. The basic principle of the project is to create single
storage that can handle both relational and graph model data so that the users
can use the standard ANSI SQL along with openCypher
(http://www.opencypher.org), the Graph query language.

Background:
To provide some background, the AgensGraph extension project is being actively
developed. This project is a new generation of a multi-model graph database for
the modern complex data environment. A graph database can solve problems from
very different angles, thanks to its different approach to data and its
organization. By preparing data in graph models the users can apply graph
algorithms that provide forte in handling complexity. Moreover, Graph data is a
suitable form to apply machine learning. Prior to AgensGraph extension, there
is an existing forked project which is publicly available on the following
link: https://github.com/bitnine-oss/agensgraph

While working on the fork version of this project, we found out that there are
increasing voices asking for an extension of AgensGraph. It was then when we
decided to develop and work on the extension version to provide more benefits
to PostgreSQL users such as easy installation and compatibility. AgensGraph
Extension is a multi-model database designed to be simple and user-friendly,
which supports the relational and graph data model at the same time that
enables users to integrate the legacy relational data model and the flexible
graph data model in one database. AgensGraph Extension supports ANSI-SQL and
openCypher (http://www.opencypher.org). SQL queries and Cypher queries can be
integrated into a single query in AgensGraph Extension. Currently, we have
active users and contributors that forked and used this project for other
projects. Some examples could be found in the following links:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/FSharp.Data.AgensGraph/

We are working on the rest of the proposals and waiting to gain write access
for wiki so we can post it there.

I would greatly appreciate it if interested people to support and help us
through this process.

Best regards,
Eya