On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 7:42 PM Brennan Ashton <btash...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This is a call for a vote to release Apache NuttX (Incubating) version
> 9.1.0.
>
> The Apache NuttX community has voted on and approved a proposal to
> release
> Apache NuttX (Incubating) version 9.1.0.
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
> incubator release.
>
> NuttX is a real-time operating system (RTOS) with an emphasis on
> standards
> compliance and small footprint. Scalable from 8-bit to 64-bit
> microcontroller
> environments, the primary governing standards in NuttX are Posix and
> ANSI
> standards. Additional standard APIs from Unix and other common RTOS’s
> (such as VxWorks) are adopted for functionality not available under
> these
> standards, or for functionality that is not appropriate for deeply-
> embedded
> environments (such as fork()).
>
> Because this project targets embedded systems there is more complexity
> involved in the build process. Two starting points:
>  * README.txt -- This is found in the Apache NuttX source and is
> extensive.
>  * Unofficial NuttX Companion --
> https://nuttx-companion.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user/install.html,
> this is a currently unofficial opinionated guide maintained by some of
> the project committers.
>
> Apache NuttX community vote and result thread:
> Result:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1a30e5cba2dab57556605fb6570fd722de1eee69244c1b4092579033%40%3Cdev.nuttx.apache.org%3E
> Vote:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r751f7ce05b1f0485b5dc9ca7bfb1c5f52abc5676fd81b9fb92910c64%40%3Cdev.nuttx.apache.org%3E
>
> The release candidates (RC2):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/nuttx/9.1.0-RC2/
>
> Git tag for the release (RC2):
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/releases/tag/nuttx-9.1.0-RC2
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx-apps/releases/tag/nuttx-9.1.0-RC2
>
> Hash for the release incubating-nuttx tag:
>   e4e4cce6962430e2b07336d2c564b14298995661
> Hash for the release incubating-nuttx-apps tag:
>   4fac1c185c01adfa84f04618af9be7b9c4b884f5
>
> Release Notes:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/nuttx-9.1.0-RC2/ReleaseNotes
>

> The artifacts have been signed with Key :
> 3554D78458CEB6954B020E12E1B6E30DB05D6280, which can be found in the
> keys file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/nuttx/KEYS
>
> Look at here for how to verify this release candidate:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTTX/Validating+a+staged+Release

> Please vote accordingly:
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

> [...]

My vote:
+1 (non-binding).

Development system: Linux

Verified:
* Signatures
* SHA-512 sums
* Tarball contents match nuttx-9.1.0-RC2 tags, (except for expected
  differences: removal of asf.yaml, .gitignore, .github, and addition
  of.version).
* Incubating in artifact names
* LICENSE, NOTICE, README.txt, DISCLAIMER-WIP present in both tarballs
* Successfully build and run b-g474e-dpow1:nsh configuration (NEW in NuttX-9.1)

Dependencies:
* gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major
* kconfig-conf from NuttX tools repository

Other dependencies from Debian packages:
* binutils-dev 2.31.1-16
* bison 2:3.3.2.dfsg-1
* flex 2.6.4-6.2
* gperf 3.1-1
* libelf-dev 0.176-1.1
* libgmp-dev 2:6.1.2+dfsg-4
* libisl-dev 0.20-2
* libmpc-dev 1.1.0-1
* libmpfr-dev 4.0.2-1
* libncurses5-dev 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2
* libusb-1.0-0-dev 2:1.0.22-2
* libusb-dev 2:0.1.12-32
* texinfo 6.5.0.dfsg.1-4+b1

Thanks to everyone for making this release (candidate) possible!

Cheers,
Nathan