Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 21, 2020, at 7:31 PM, Sheng Zha <zhash...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for the vote. It looks like we forgot to remove the mentions of the
> resolved issues in the DISCLAIMER-WIP. Checking the linked issues, all of
> them have been resolved in 1.8. Is this still a blocking issue if the actual
> issues that the DISCLAIMER-WIP links to are addressed?
>
> Between 1.8 submodules [1] and that of 1.7 [2] there hasn't been any addition
> of submodule. For the four modules with updated commits (dmlc-core, mkldnn,
> nvidia-cub, onnx-tensorrt), I didn't find any license change. What's missing?
>
> Regarding NVIDIA licensing, I'm not sure what the standard practice is given
> that we are indeed open sourcing our GPU source code with ALv2 and the NVIDIA
> licensing only comes into picture in binary distribution and not in a source
> release. Advice is appreciated.

Don’t make a noncompliant binary release. Tell your users how to make a
noncompliant build on their own knowing the risks.

Third parties like NVIDIA can make their own decision and release, but can’t
call it Apache MxNext, but have to use “powered by” if they use the brand.

If NVIDIA changes the license then it must be very soon. If so then the issue
is gone.

Regards,
Dave