Thanks, Justin,

Pinot has a nodejs based UI component under pinot-controller
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-pinot/tree/release-0.7.1-rc0/pinot-controller/src/main/resources>.
Those dependencies are from the generated directories node_modules/dist
after the npm build, which were previously packaged into src dist and
removed since this version.

Can I ask for an exception for this release, and I will fix it before the
next release?

Regarding the test failing issue, are you running it using JDK 8?