Sorry to resurrect an old vote thread, but to follow up on this:

In Airflow 2.1 we have removed _our_ cat-X core dep, but that doesn't help the
Liminal project as they need the Docker and Kubernetes client libraries for
their core.

I have opened https://github.com/psf/requests/pull/5797 and Jarek has done a
lot of the testing work, and it looks likely that the "requests" maintainers
will accept this PR.

And the other LGPL dep from the python Kubernetes client is in the process of
changing to Apache2 license
https://github.com/websocket-client/websocket-client/issues/665