HI,

> 1. The reason why the BSD license has "2020 - 2021 Apache Sedona" is that
> we took the original index.js from that BSD project and modified it to
> support our system.

Generally modification to 3rd party code stay under the original license, and
you shouldn’t change the header, see [1]. Also the copyright would be with the
author(s) not the project, unless the changes were major I’d just leave the
original header as is on that file.

> 2. Yes, the scalastyle_config.xml is copied from Scala style website.

You might want to mention this in the LICENSE file.

> 3. In the next release, I will see if I can replace NASA HDF data with some
> alternative HDF data in order to avoid the legal issue.

That seems like a good idea as those terms look rather complex and at a first
glance I have no idea if that data could or could not be used and distributed
in an Apache project.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party