For the 'binding' votes, we IPMC should have a formal statement then.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r3ce608fdf36ba873154b6103739f9ad83b0d983de6a10a0fb329bff9%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

See here, for the NuttX release vote, an IPMC member challenged why the
PPMC votes are not listed as binding votes, and now, for the Pegasus
release, an IPMC member challenged why the PPMC votes are listed as binding
votes...

And this is not their first incubator release, the first release is 2.1.0.

And I'm not sure what you are referring to about the 'old releases are
linked directly on the homepage'.

This is the download page

https://pegasus.apache.org/en/docs/downloads/

I haven't seen any old releases here...