Le mar. 21 déc. 2021 à 12:33, Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Vladimir,
> I totally support this proposal.
>
> Which are actually the steps we need to cut a release of log4j 1.x ?
> - establish an Apache project ?

1. Send a patch to apply on
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/trunk

> - do the fix

2. Get it applied

> - cut a release
>
> Can this be done inside another Apache Project who "adopts" the log4j
> sources if the Logging Project doesn't want to do it ?

The PMC of log4j2 is logging project so it should be done there, if not the
project can be forked inside Apache but should change of package until we
get the perms to reuse the same one which means likely as much work as just
getting it done at logging project so hope it is not needed ;).