From: John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2022 2:29:16 PM
To: general <general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: May 2022 Podling Reporting Timeline

Hi Christofer

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 4:47 AM Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> guess I missed the second part of your email ;-)
>
> Well, I am a bit unsure if we really should skip the ones that for example
> missed to submit last month because nobody reminded them, but I think in
> such a case it would be half a year of information missing. Even if this
> might not be too useful for the board, I think it's useful to the IPMC.

Basically, I can't (personally) fault a podling for not reporting when no
reminders were sent out.  We failed to hold up our side of the agreement in
my mind.  It's great that some podlings still did the work to get a report
put together.  Perhaps we review those in the past 3 months of missed
reports and also report them? I'm not sure.

> So, I think podlings that missed filling in their parts in the last 3
> months, should still report this time. But that's just my opinion.

I agree with you, the problem is that every podling (other than new
podlings possibly) has missed a report (at least from the board's point of
view).  While there's the main review the IPMC takes on the podlings'
reports, the board also reviews them.  Since the IPMC lapsed on maintaining
this, it may end up over burdening the board to put out a report that has
every single podling reporting in it.