Hi,

> I would like to learn why mysql-connector is not compatible with the Apache
> license?

Short version it’s GPL and the “FOSS exception”  license is no longer valid.
Even it it was it (from my reading) it places a restriction on software that it
can only be used with open source software. It seems to be a weak copy left
style license and that would be a restriction on top of what the Apache license
allows. The Apache license allows non open source software to use Apache
licensed software.

It is also not in Apache's Category A,B or X lists.[1]  you’ll need to ask
legal-discuss to take a look at it and determine if it is allowed or not. Note
that Category X includes GPL with special exceptions.

Kind Regards,
Justin

1. https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html