I was hoping that we could bring a set of contributors as:

* mentors - 1 or 2 plus whoever wants to remain
* PPMC/Committers - 2 or 3 plus whoever wants to remain
* election of a PPMC chair if needed

Also open it up for folks to ask to join (as well as go emeritus) as I know
there are others that have tried to contribute and have gotten know where
or have long since decided it wasn't worth trying anymore.

So, my thought was almost a new Proposal and solicitation for community
bootstrap with a few seeds planted to help it grow.
I was also considering a goal of getting it back off the ground with some
number of releases and proof of health as a project to fast track to a
graduation discussion.
A bit early to talk about that now but that was a detail that I thought
would possibly go into such a reboot proposal.

@Jean-Baptiste - we have compiled a list of features/improvements that we
would be able to bring to the table with the reboot as well.
These are improvements that have been made internally due the sense of not
being able to get them in. I lack the details around the attempts at this
time but we would be bringing source as well.
We could list these as part of the proposal/concrete plans.

If you think this proposal can be done more casually, that's fine too. I
just would like to make it clear that we would open it up to new folks as
well.

However you'd like to see it done, we can have concrete commitments to you
within a week or so more than likely.

BTW, I did note that Ambari was sent to the attic and then pulled back out
[1] back in June into July of this year.
I would hope that we could avoid the administrative headache that seems to
have been involved in that reinstatement.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-205