On Dec 5, 2022, at 01:23, Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de> wrote:

Hi all,

as you already mentioned PLC4X, I think in general supporting something to do
logic-decisions based on industrial data-streams would be a nice addition.  I
do also agree that adding 80 projects might be quite a big gulp for us to
ingest.

How many people are we talking about being on the IPMC/committers? Mentoring a
project with hundreds of people would probably require a fleet of mentors.

Hey Chris,

The size of the PPMC is a good question. Per the Incubator site
[https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html] it is typically made up of the
initial committers and mentors. We have 51 people currently tagged for being
initial committers and three people as mentors. Most have not done anything
with Apache. That feels like a lot of people for an initial PPMC. We were
initially thinking of something small around 7 people initially. Not sure how
that plays in with the list of initial committers though, unless we par that
down as well and bring people in during the incubation.

WRT the number of projects, we’re not looking at donating all of those. We’re
still in discussion on the final list, but that list is considerably smaller.
Discussions are leaning toward 12 or so.

Jason Porter
Software Engineer
He/Him/His

IBM