> that the HoraeDB project still wants to use the CeresDB name in some form

No.

We found the Ignite proposal a good sample to follow. [1]

GridGain donates its GridGain In-Memory Platform under the new name Ignite
and now it's a TLP.

The only reference to GridGain is the happened history[2]:

GridGain donates the core of its in-memory computing platform to the Apache
Software Foundation under the name of "Apache Ignite"

Note that before entering the incubator, the docs of ignite is hosted at
http://www.gridgain.org/documentation. But now they're dual branding
properly.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/IgniteProposal