Hi,

It seems the updated podling report template has not had the impact it was
hoped to have around issues of branding and trademarks.

It was pointed out on the trademark list that the current maturity model [1]
is missing checks for trademarks and branding.

Here is my first attempt at it; feedback, thoughts, etc, are welcome.

Trademarks and Branding
TB10 The project correctly uses “Apache Foo” as the project name where required.
TB20 The project complies with ASF’s branding and trademark policy in all
places it controls.*
TB30 The project resolves any potential trademark issue pointed out to it
promptly.
TB40 The project performs some monitoring of 3rd party use of its trademarks,
addressing any instances of misuse.

* Including its website, documentation, 3rd party download services or any
other locations.

With some changes and increased focus on security, we might want to review the
existing points that mention security.

Kind Regards,
Justin

1. https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html