Thank you! This is much clearer now.

So the duty boundary is that the PMC should respond and do their best
(have the control, negotiate to take it down), if it fails beyond a
PMC's authority, ask for trademarks@ help.

For opendal.databend.rs, I'd ask two questions:

1. It's not a "well-known and used by the community around" site; we
just want to keep existing URLs spread over the Internet not broken.
We shared those URLs before the project was donated. This domain name
has not been used as a primary URL since entering the Incubator.

> could stop redirecting it to foo.apache.org and point foo.x.com at their own
> competing product

2. It's a strategy issue. If this is the root issue, currently,
opendal.databend.rs doesn't do this. If it does, it's clearly that the
PMC should take actions as stated above. But if not, combine with 1
that it's not to be spread and confusing as the primary one, can we
hold the redirections outside PMC (since the company can hardly
transfer its assets in this case and they won't do things evil or at
risk)?

Best,
tison.

Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> 于2023年12月29日周五 14:07写道: