Thanks! I joined the SDAP project a couple years ago, so I had to ask around as
to why we waited so long to start making releases.

Basically, when SDAP entered incubation, it was already in a production state
in support of NASA Sea Level Change Portal, and most of the initial efforts
were geared toward getting different types of science data to work with SDAP &
infusing it with other projects. It was only more recently that we began making
larger-scale changes to the core software to necessitate a release.
Furthermore, Julian joining the project as a mentor was immensely helpful as he
helped guide us through the proper release process and stressed its importance
for an Apache project's maturity.

Since our first official release at the start of 2023, we've been making a
serious effort to get new releases out in a timely, regular manner.

I hope I've addressed your question adequately. If not, let me know.

-Riley