on 2/10/01 11:06 AM, "Jim Driscoll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is not entirely true.  If it was trivial, someone would have
> cranked it out over a weekend.  Heck, you've got the source code (in
> SCSL) - why don't YOU do it.

I bet that more people would be willing to contribute to Sun's technologies
if they were under a better license and were more openly accepted. Example:
look at how many people have contributed to Tomcat.

It just isn't obvious where I sent my patches to Sun source code under SCSL
because there isn't a community built up around the code. There aren't open
mailing lists that I can subscribe to. There also is no desire to simply
help Sun write their code for them for free to sell more hardware. What's in
it for me?

Oh wait, I could join the JCP and write code for Sun for free.

Not.

:-)

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous