[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > > If someone chooses to duplicate a piece of code, maybe the problem is with
> > > the way the code is written and shared.
> >
> > I think in some cases, its bacause people aren't aware that the stuff
> > exists.  Go through the Jakarta project sites, and find the number of
> > places that offer a separate, clean <FOO> tool that supports <BAR>.
> > (Choose your tool and it's expected functionality).
>
> That's also a sharing problem - the code is too deep inside a project.
>
> BTW, blaming the users ( for using the wrong OS for example ) is not
> working. Changing the code and placing it where it can be found may help.

That's what I am advocating -  Getting this stuff out front and center.
I am not blaming the users. Its our fault if people don't know what the
projects are about and have available.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.