Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Oh, I agree too. I am just wondering how all this fits together.
> For example the recent vote by PMC members on PMC nominees. Is
> that superceded by this statement? What is the plan from here?

My bias is towards evolution, so we'll try that first.  If not, there
always is plan B.

The first order of business is to get adequate representation of the code
bases in order to address the board's concern.  Depending on the outcome of
the election, this may take iterations.

The next order of business is a radical overhall of the bylaws.  Ted has
been sheparding an effort to do that already.  I'd like to consider some
more radical changes than the one considered so far, starting with the
election process.

Other, equally important tasks are underway to make the various subprojects
are interwoven into the quilt that is Jakarta.  Gump takes a fairly coarse
view, and needs to expand into testing.  The emerging library/commons
subproject attacks this problem from another direction, and focus on reuse.

- Sam Ruby