Thank you very much: That was exactly the information I was looking for.

Regards,
  Henning

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Isaacs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Montag, 12. März 2001 15:12
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: class loader separation of API and implementation in tomcat

This is being addressed in Tomcat 3.3.  Nightly builds of Tomcat 3.3
are curretly broken, but should be back soon.  Soon afterwards
Tomcat 3.3 Milestone 2 should occur.  You can take a look at
either of these (once available) to see what is coming.

While you are waiting, here is what is in the readme file that
addresses this:

  Tomcat 3.3m2 now uses a new hierarchy of class loaders. It provides
  for the separation of the classes used by the Tomcat container and
  the classes used by web applications.  This solves a major problem
  in Tomcat 3.2 where all web applications had to share Tomcat's XML
  parser. Now each web applicaton can have its own XML parser, or if
  desired all web applications can share an XML parser different from
  the one used by Tomcat. As a side effect of this change, web
  applications in Tomcat 3.3m2 are not provided an XML parser by
  default.  You must supply one if your web application requires one.
  For details about where to place jar files, see the README files in
  the "lib/container", "lib/common", and "lib/apps" directories of your
  Tomcat installation.

Cheers,
Larry