Cedric,

If you think that j.u.l has all the features you need then you should
use it. Have you actually looked at the contents of j.u.l?

I lacks many useful features that people expect to find in a logging
package. Yes, even you will want them. Log4j might be obsolete five years
from now although that is far from certain. What is certain is that
j.u.l is obsolete today and will remain obsolete for the foreseeable
future.

If you can bind your code exclusively to JDK 1.4, then you are very
lucky. Most of us to not have that luxury. Regards, Ceki

Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch