On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:52, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Endre Stlsvik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Sounds like a nice, open structure, always glad and happy for new
> > thoughts, ideas and ways of doing things.
>
> Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in there?
>
> Speaking as a relative newcomer (the entire JBoss discussion predated my
> involement, for example). who now is the chair of the PMC: introducing new
> thoughts, ideas, and ways of doing things is most definately possible.
> I've had my own agenda, but I started by understanding and contributing to
> the codebases that I wanted to influence first.
>
> In other words, I became part of the community.

I tried another technique - I complained loudly and often about things ;) For
instance a while back, the process of project proposals was done on a private
list. I complained because it wasn't open and it got changed ;)

Annoying people can be an effective convincing method if non-aggresive.
Consider gump and it's mail-outs - that uses the same technique - ant it is
relatively effective ;) (BTW Sam - have we ever had a clean build yet ?)

--
Cheers,

Pete