> In my opinion, if you haven't contributed anything, then you are
> just leeching off the hard work of the many individuals behind the
> Jakarta project

What does one's relative standing in the Jakarta project have to do with
how you conduct yourself with other project members - or even "leeches",
for that matter?  It's not like anyone here stepped out of the womb with
code to contribute.  Presumably they were users first, and then became
contributors.

I have no idea what your past contributions have been, and it isn't
relevant.  The question is: how much talent have you driven away with
your insults?

I don't expect anything to change, of course, so I guess the best
recourse is to offer a suggestion to your defenders:  please, when this
happens in the future,  contact the original poster immediately and
explain things.